Distance Learning Development
- Collaborative development of print-based distance learning courses.
- Managing international print + web-based distance learning courses.
- Working closely with medical organisations to set up their own distance learning centres to achieve sustainable independence.
- Training and support in distance learning development, presentation, quality assurance and administration
Distance Learning Administration: Student Support And Interface
- Running a student registration office and supporting students at a distance. This includes:
- Dealing with student enquiries, registration forms and student fees for modules
- Organising the registration process which includes managing project systems to record students details
- Confirming allocated places which are sent to students
- All letters, course materials, and module booklets which are sent out to students
- Keeping in systematic contact with students
- Ongoing help or advice students may need during the module
- Processing students’ tutor marked assignments [TMAs]
- Mailing completed certificates to students.
Distance Learning Course Organisation
- Managing the process of distance learning course development and quality assurance, including:
- Inviting expert authors from around the world to attend writing retreats
- Arranging formal invitation letters for visa purposes
- Arranging travel, hotels, workshop venues and full itineraries
- Sending out of relevant background information to all authors
- Desktop publishing.
- Advertising and sending out emails regarding forthcoming modules to past students
- Maintaining the course website and forums
- Managing formative assessments.
Educational development, research and evaluation: Undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing medical education
- Designing, costing and conducting:
- policy research
- educational development projects
- educational evaluation projects
- Training in all of the above.
- Curriculum design and development, especially in relation to social accountability and links between medical schools nd the heatlh care system.
- Staff development, training and support in curricuoum implementation.
Leadership and change management in the service and in education
- We have researched and published extensively on change management in medical education
- We run workshops and offer consultancy on change management
- We run high-level leadership courses for Deans and department heads.
- Rodney is an expert on the organisation and management of clinical research, including the design of research management offices and functions.
- He is experienced in the design and management of executive functions, working parties and committees at hospital level.
- We have special interest in cost-effective medical education and have published on this in relation to curriculum and evaluation.
- We have developed costing models for postgraduate medical education.